This weekend at the movies, it was all about horror. When the first Insidious was released, we couldn’t get enough. So now that the sequel is finally out, we still can’t get enough.
Quick summary: It seems that all the supernatural stuff that haunts the Lambert family is far from over when a long-buried secret plunges them back into a terrifying world of darkness. Apparently, life can get much worse than having a demon-possessed child. The sequel stars Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Lin Shaye, Ty Simpkins, and Barbara Hershey reprising their roles from the first Insidious.
Box Office rankings are courtesy of Box Office Mojo.
- Insidious Chapter 2, $41,050,000
- The Family (2013), $14,500,000
- Riddick, $7,013,000
- Lee Daniels‘ The Butler, $5,582,000
- We’re the Millers, $5,415,000
- Instructions Not Included, $4,250,000
- Planes, $3,066,000
- One Direction: This is Us, $2,400,000
- Elysium, $2,050,000
- Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, $1,825,000
- Box Office: ‘Insidious: Chapter Two’ Scares Up Big Bucks on Friday the 13th Weekend (thewatchingworld.wordpress.com)
- ‘Insidious’ Sequel Snares Box Office Crown with $42 Million Haul (breitbart.com)