Ride Along (starring Kevin Hart and Ice Cube) comes in first at the box office earning $41.2 million its debut weekend.
The film also takes the honor of being the biggest Friday-Sunday opening in January history taking the honor from Cloverfield (a movie I hate for numerous reasons) which was the top-grossing movie during MLK weekend, up until this weekend, earning $40 million from Friday-Sunday and $46 million in its four-day debut in 2008.
The drama thriller Lone Survivor (starring Mark Wahlberg, woot woot!) slipped to the No.2 spot and made $23.2 million. The Nut Job coming in third and Jack Shadow: Shadow Recruit debuting in fourth with Frozen rounding out the top five.
*The Box Office list’s are as always courtesy of Box Office Mojo.
- Ride Along: $41.2 million
- Lone Survivor: $23.2 million
- The Nut Job: $20.6
- Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit: $17.2 million
- Frozen: $12 million
- American Hustle: $10.6 million
- Devil’s Due: $8.5 million
- August: Osage County: $7.6 million
- The Wolf of Wall Street: $7.5 million
- Saving Mr. Banks: $4.1 million